To provide persons with Fibromyalgia (FM) and/or Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (CFS/ME) with:
- Access to a safe, scent-free, supportive, inclusive space where individuals, their families, caregivers, and supporters can, without judgement, listen to and learn from each other.
- Opportunities to share personal experiences, information, ideas, and strategies to help one cope with symptoms and live a healthy life or lifestyle.
- Increased awareness and education on this invisible, chronic multi-systemic illness.
- Inspirational and acceptance in a caring, positive, fun and friendly environment.
- Ways to develop and strengthen one’s ability to not just survive with FM and/or CFS/ME, but to thrive, in spite of it.
What We Offer
- Supportive, safe, non-judgemental meeting space.
- Positive moral and peer support, encouragement and advice.
- Group meetings with an invited guest speaker(s) to enhance your personal knowledge and education on: the symptoms and lifestyle impacts of Fibromyalgia and/or Chronic Fatigue Syndrome; living a healthy lifestyle with chronic conditions; diet and nutrition; exercises and stress management; community/professional services, resources, programs; alternative healing treatments; etc.
- Peer-led Sharing Circle Sessions to share and exchange information on daily living with FM and/or CFS/ME; coping strategies and tips; healing practices; etc. Confidentiality of what is said during the sessions is respected and expected!
- Special Events with high profile guest speakers to raise awareness and support advocacy and education for National Pain Awareness Week (November) as well as FM/CFS/ME Awareness Month (May).
- Access to information on national/provincial advocacy strategies.
- Opportunity to build your own network of support services, resources, professionals, and connections.
For more information contact us at:
Disclaimer: The Fibromyalgia London Group (FLG) was created to be a resource of pertinent information to those who attend our meetings, sharing circle sessions, and special events. While we invite medical and healthcare professionals, advocates, practitioners or representatives from community organizations to speak at our meetings and special events, FLG does not endorse, support or recommend any specific treatment, product, therapy or person. The opinions, beliefs and viewpoints expressed by participants and group members do not necessarily reflect the opinions, beliefs, views, or official policies of the FLG.
People say they understand, but we really do understand.