Supporting Ourselves By Helping Others.
Fibromyalgia London Group (FLG) is a community-based, volunteer-driven, self-help and wellness support group for London, St. Thomas and Middlesex County (and on the internet, the world! Hello world!).
Please keep checking back for more upcoming events! Upcoming Events:
You can also find us on: Facebook, Instagram, Twitter https://twitter.com/fmlondongroup
And https://www.facebook.com/fmlondongroup/ or look up @fmlondongroup
How about an relaxing afternoon of cards and company? That’s happening Monday December 9th, 2019 1pm-3pm.
Don’t Get Lost in the Shuffle!
Looking for a bunch of laughs, friends and could-be friends, refreshments? Who wants all that and card games too? You do? Then deal with your boredom by joining us at the monthly Fibromyalgia London Group (FLG) Games Afternoon hosted by the delightful Leanne. Whether you’re a card shark or just like to chat and laugh and snack, there’s something for everyone.
Don’t get lost in the shuffle, pop by Monday December 9th, 1pm-3pm and did I mention it’s free (that’s a real word) for FLG members and their caregivers/supporters, family, friends, etc.? I kid you not. But treats, snacks, chocolate, cookies, coffee, cake, scones, biscuits, donuts, sorry, what were we talking about (food fantasy interrupted), well, just any yummies are always, always welcome!!! Always.
Contact Jacqueline at: Tel: 519-453-3198 ~ Email: firstname.lastname@example.org ~ for address and all the deets (ie. 2 hr free parking on the street, etc. and Leanne’s lovely home is near St. Joe’s so there are plenty of bus routes, #15, #6, #90, and more! Plan your trip http://www.londontransit.ca/plan-a-trip/routes-schedules/ . Also, London now has a bus pass subsidy http://www.london.ca/residents/social-services/discretionary-benefits/Pages/Subsidized-Transit.aspx which can help people with disabilities).
Keep visiting, following and please please please sharing our Website: www.fibrolondongroup.ca – you don’t want to miss a thing.
Our “Bye-Bye 2019, Hello 2020!” Knitting Program (we’ll be back…in 2020!) – Thursday December 12th 1-2:30pm (join us, doors open until 3pm if you need time to finish, chat, rest) at Central Branch 3rd Floor (elevators available across from staircase) Board Room – but you won’t be bored at the London Public Library (LPL) – free 2 hr parking in underground of Citi Plaza (formerly the Galleria) w/ validation from a librarian using the magical LPL library card and it’s down town so endless bus routes http://www.londontransit.ca/plan-a-trip/routes-schedules ). We’ll pick up that stitch with new and exciting things in 2020!!!
Our “Adieu to 2019 – Bonjour 2020!” South/West Sharing Circle Session (we’ll share again in 2020)!!! Please meet us at: Earl Nichols Arena 11-12:30pm in London, Ontario, Canada – Thursday December 19th, 2019.
Seriously, keep checking back for more details and blog posts…
Please read and share this homepage for the London Fibromyalgia Group (FLG) on social media, then please, submit an original blog post, memes, quotes, ideas, recipes, lyrics, personal experiences, etc. to: email@example.com (you can use your first name, full name, pseudonym, whatever you feel comfortable with, in the blogging world, anything goes…).
“Chronic Suckage” and “Is #Fibromyalgia Still a Four Letter Word?” by Guest Blogger, D. Parker https://yadadarcyyada.com also a member of Fibromyalgia London Group and a Peer Leader. https://fibrolondongroup.ca/2019/12/06/chronic-suckage/ https://fibrolondongroup.ca/2019/12/08/is-fibromyalgia-still-a-four-letter-word/
Also, please find us (FLG) @fmlondongroup on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram!
~ We are a scent, fragrance and latex-free environment.
To provide persons with Fibromyalgia (FM) and/or Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (CFS/ME) with:
- Access to a safe, scent-free, supportive, inclusive space where individuals, their families, caregivers, and supporters can, without judgement, listen to and learn from each other.
- Opportunities to share personal experiences, information, ideas, and strategies to help one cope with symptoms and live a healthy life or lifestyle.
- Increased awareness and education on this invisible, chronic multi-systemic illness.
- Inspirational and acceptance in a caring, positive, fun and friendly environment.
- Ways to develop and strengthen one’s ability to not just survive with FM and/or CFS/ME, but to thrive, in spite of it.
What We Offer
- Supportive, safe, non-judgemental meeting space.
- Positive moral and peer support, encouragement and advice.
- Group meetings with an invited guest speaker(s) to enhance your personal knowledge and education on: the symptoms and lifestyle impacts of Fibromyalgia and/or Chronic Fatigue Syndrome; living a healthy lifestyle with chronic conditions; diet and nutrition; exercises and stress management; community/professional services, resources, programs; alternative healing treatments; etc.
- Peer-led Sharing Circle Sessions to share and exchange information on daily living with FM and/or CFS/ME; coping strategies and tips; healing practices; etc. Confidentiality of what is said during the sessions is respected and expected!
- Special Events with high profile guest speakers to raise awareness and support advocacy and education for National Pain Awareness Week (November) as well as FM/CFS/ME Awareness Month (May).
- Access to information on national/provincial advocacy strategies.
- Opportunity to build your own network of support services, resources, professionals, and connections.
How To Join The Fibromyalgia London Group
Fill out an application form with an annual member donation of $20 or more. This also providers free admittance not only for yourself, but your listed caregivers, family members, supporters, etc. to any or all events provided by the group for one full year.
Visitors or non-members are expected to pay a $5.00 per person goodwill donation at the door to each event.
Your donation helps sustain our Group and cover administrative operating costs, meeting incidentals, speaker gifts, and our Group’s membership with other national/provincial advocacy organizations.
For more information contact us at:
Disclaimer: The Fibromyalgia London Group (FLG) was created to be a resource of pertinent information to those who attend our meetings, sharing circle sessions, and special events. While we invite medical and healthcare professionals, advocates, practitioners or representatives from community organizations to speak at our meetings and special events, FLG does not endorse, support or recommend any specific treatment, product, therapy or person. The opinions, beliefs and viewpoints expressed by participants and group members do not necessarily reflect the opinions, beliefs, views, or official policies of the FLG.
Please note: We are not currently a registered charity.
Thank you for stopping by, hope to visit again.
Please join us.
You are not alone.