Supporting Ourselves By Helping Others…now on ZOOM https://fibrolondongroup.ca/2020/08/01/ill-stop-the-world-and-zoom-with-you/
Fibromyalgia London Group (FLG) is a grassroots, community-based, volunteer-driven, self-help and wellness support group for London, St. Thomas and Middlesex County (and on the internet, the world! Hello world! https://fibrolondongroup.ca/2020/08/01/ill-stop-the-world-and-zoom-with-you/).
For more information contact us at:
ZOOM virtual meetings hosted by Fibromyalgia London Group!!! Easy, fun, informative, a perfect way to stay in touch during these unprecedented, difficult times. https://fibrolondongroup.ca/2020/08/01/ill-stop-the-world-and-zoom-with-you/
FIBROMYALGIA LONDON GROUP (FLG) GROUND RULES FOR HEALTHY ZOOM MEETINGS – PLEASE READ AND FOLLOW
- THINK OF OTHERS/RESPECT EACH OTHER – We offer a safe, inclusive, non-judgmental space for open, candid dialogue. Our leadership team members are volunteers who are donating their time and energy to help support you. Give them the respect they deserve. No personal attacks!
- 0% TOLERANCE FOR ABUSIVE/DEROGATORY LANGUAGE, EMOTIONAL OR VERBAL ABUSE – You will be asked to leave the Zoom room immediately and your participation at future FLG events revoked.
- HONOUR CONFIDENTIALITY – Any private information shared or personal crisis discussed at FLG events is deemed confidential and should stay in the Zoom room. No discussion on specifics of what is shared, who participates, or opinions expressed should take place with anyone. If a participant is found breaking this rule, the consequence will be immediate termination of membership and/or refusal of event at future events.
- AVOID SPLINTER GROUPS OR EXCLUSION – We encourage all members to reach out, connect and socialize with each other. Build up your support base. We do, however, ask you to be mindful and to refrain from creating splinter groups, or intentionally exclude anyone especially in group gatherings.
- COME EARLY! BE PUNCTUAL! Zoom meetings always open 10-15 minutes before any FLG ZOOM event. Come early to mingle and get to know other people attending the event. We strive to start all FLG meetings and events on time and end promptly.
- IMPAIRED BEHAVIOR – Anyone arriving at an FLG ZOOM event impaired or under the influence will be asked to leave immediately.
- COMMITMENT – Members are asked to complete a Member Application form which provides our Leadership with information to better serve and support you. By completing this document, you are committing to regularly attend and support as many of the Group’s events and activities.
- CITIZEN OBLIGATION – As a citizen of Ontario, each of us is obligated to report any child abuse/neglect to Family and Children’s Services.
- THIS IS NOT A THERAPY SESSION – FLG events and activities are NOT therapy sessions or a place to bash or condemn a doctor or practitioner. The Group is not qualified to either provide or verify a diagnosis for Fibromyalgia or Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and its symptoms.
- KEEP HOPE ALIVE – While we encourage sharing and candidness, we also want participants to leave our sessions in a positive, uplifting frame of mind. We want you to focus on learning what works for others; coping strategies; tips; and overcoming barriers or challenges so one can improve daily living with FM/CFS.
What have available? Paper, pen or tablet for personal use and taking notes; whatever you need to be comfortable that will help ease your pain levels – pillow, seat cushion, blanket, personal snacks, drink. Feel free to stretch, stand, take washroom breaks (click on your “Mute” button) and/or quietly move around if you need to during our events/activities.
PLEASE NOTE: The Group Manager, Sharing Circle Coordinators and Peer Leaders have the authority to ask a participant to leave an event, if the participant continually contravenes any of the above.
We’re still in a situation with the COVID-19 pandemic that none of us has ever been in before.
In line with the cancellations and postponements of events, activities and programs, the Leadership Team has decided it would be prudent for our FLG to follow suit, so now we’re online, on Zoom and having a great time. https://fibrolondongroup.ca/2020/08/01/ill-stop-the-world-and-zoom-with-you/
Though the Fibromyalgia London Group has cancelled all physical ACTIVITIES, WORKSHOPS AND EVENTS we’re still here for you, and we’re still having Sharing Circles, Tai Chi, therapeutic knitting, chat club, caregivers support group and so much more!!! https://fibrolondongroup.ca/2020/08/01/ill-stop-the-world-and-zoom-with-you/Zoom is 100% free for participants. It’s easy. We’ll send the link once you’ve registered and zoom, you’ll be with us in a virtual meeting room. The Leadership Team continues to assess the international crisis situation and hopefully, we can recommence our monthly activities whenever is safe, with modifications, but until then, we’re here, we’re online, connecting https://fibrolondongroup.ca/2020/08/01/ill-stop-the-world-and-zoom-with-you/ We’ve only POSTPONED, not cancelled Dr. Rhonda Gilby’s “Science of Happiness” educational event, hopefully to a date very soon so please, Stay Home, Stay Safe, Stay Connected…STAY TUNED!
Steps Fibromyalgia London Group is taking/advising to ensure the safety and well-being of all members due to Coronavirus (COVID-19):
1.Wash your hands often and with soap for approx. 20-30 seconds (count or sing a song to time it). The average person touches their face anywhere from 15-50 times an hour, while it’s impossible to wash your hands each time, be aware when you are doing it. Ways to stop touching your face include but are not limited to: be aware of triggers that could be making you touch your face and avoid them. Do something else with your hands. In a world with more people this is a good habit to break. #WashYourHands After washing your hands #safehands remember your phone carries germs too!
2. Use alcohol-based hand sanitizer (at least 60% alcohol) or wipes when you’re not able to wash your hands.
3. No contact. Stay 2 metres or 6 feet away from others to stay safe. Please, no hugs, handshakes – let a smile be your expression of affection or respect. Just smile and wave, just smile and wave!
4.Don’t panic, be cautious. If you have traveled in the past 14 days, please do not go out of your home for any reason, that means no “just a quick trip to the grocery store” or a packed Costco, anyway, stay home, don’t put others at risk. If you have a dry cough, fever, flu-like symptoms, shortness of breath, loss of smell or taste, whether or not you’ve been traveling, see a doctor; better safe than sorry. Also, wear a mask so you don’t spread any illness to others.
5. Use common sense, if you’re sick, don’t go out (self-isolate, take some “me” time). If you’re worried about getting sick, talk to professionals, do not rely on medical information on the internet.
We will continue to monitor the situation day-by-day. Please keep checking back here for updates. https://fibrolondongroup.ca/
Fibromyalgia London Group
Tel: 519-453-3198 ~ Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
~ Website: www.fibrolondongroup.ca
Please, also find us, like us (love us!), share us so others can find us: @fmlondongroup on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram!
You can also find us on: Twitter https://twitter.com/fmlondongroup
And https://www.facebook.com/fmlondongroup/ or look up @fmlondongroup for all social media!
Seriously, keep checking back for more and more and more details and blog posts… https://fibrolondongroup.ca/upcoming-events-fibromyalgia-london-group/
Please read, share on social media, and keep checking back, this page, https://fibrolondongroup.ca/upcoming-events-fibromyalgia-london-group/ changes all the time with upcoming events. Also, to the right of this and that page, under “What We’ve Been Up To” are blog posts (just click on the title/link and it will take you there) about events, Fibromyalgia, and other stuff. Very important, please share this homepage https://fibrolondongroup.ca/ and other links, like blog posts or Upoming Events, https://fibrolondongroup.ca/upcoming-events-fibromyalgia-london-group/ for the London Fibromyalgia Group (FLG) with everyone everywhere: family, friends, colleagues, medical professionals, clubs, groups and on social media – you never know when you’re going to help someone! Please, submit an original blog post, and/or memes, quotes, ideas, recipes, lyrics, personal experiences, etc. to: email@example.com (you can use your first name, full name, pseudonym, whatever you feel comfortable with, in the blogging world, anything goes…).
~ We are a scent, fragrance and latex-free environment.
How To Join The Fibromyalgia London Group
Fill out a quick application form with an annual member donation of $20. This also provides free admittance not only for yourself, but your listed caregiver, family member, supporter, etc. to any or all events provided by the group for one full year.
Visitors or non-members are expected to pay a $5.00 per person goodwill donation at the door to each event (except they’re all virtual at this point but we still need support to help us help you).
Your donation helps sustain our Group and cover administrative operating costs, meeting incidentals, speaker gifts, and our Group’s membership with other national/provincial advocacy organizations.
For more information contact us at:
Disclaimer: The Fibromyalgia London Group (FLG) was created to be a resource of pertinent information to those who attend our meetings, sharing circle sessions, and special events. While we invite medical and healthcare professionals, advocates, practitioners or representatives from community organizations to speak at our meetings and special events, FLG does not endorse, support or recommend any specific treatment, product, therapy or person. The opinions, beliefs and viewpoints expressed by participants and group members do not necessarily reflect the opinions, beliefs, views, or official policies of the FLG.
Please note: We are not currently a registered charity.
Thank you for stopping by, hope to visit again.
Please join us.
You are not alone.
People say they understand, but we really do understand.